Thursday, March 22, 2012

The New You Tube Sensation "Walk off the Earth"

So the other day I was just randomly going through You Tube and happened upon this awesome video made by the group 'Walk off the Earth'. The video I am referring to is the cover they performed for the song "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye. The reason that I am so amazed by this performance is because it has all five members of the group gathered around ONE guitar each doing a different part. It is performed in such perfection that it sounds as good, if not better, than the original version. Some one needs to give this group a record deal. The vocals of the group are strong and on key. They need no help from a computer in the background, unlike many pop stars today. Additional instrumentation that the group does is also phenomenal. In other performances they have posted on You Tube they use not only guitars of different varieties, but also percussion instruments like cardboard tubes and maracas. 'Walk off the Earth' has one of the most original sounds I have heard in a while. Now I am in no way the first to find this group. They appeared on Ellen two months ago after their rendition of "Somebody That I Used to Know" received a massive 76,871,876 views after being posted on You Tube. But I know that there are still people out there that have not heard of this group so here is one of their videos and if you like it, go on you tube and look up more of their songs online.

"Somebody That I Used to Know"- Walk off the Earth; Gotye Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment