Friday, March 16, 2012

Wanderlust a Total Bust?

I saw the new Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston movie, Wanderlust, with one of my friends this week. It was an interesting experience. I had no real knowledge about what the plot of the movie contained or centered around. Given this lack of familiarity my friend and I had with the movie, our expectations were low. As we watched Wanderlust, a movie riddled with awkward moments and images that you wish you could purge from your memory, my friend and I were introduced to a humorous script that was well performed by the leading actors. The plot line is not always clear in its direction, but David Wain and Ken Marino, the writers of Wanderlust, were able to make sure that this comedy had jokes and hilarious scenes spread throughout the hour and a half that the movie ran. This was one of the good characteristics of this movie because, all too often, comedy movies have just a few entertaining parts, and they are all usually shown in the previews, which the audience has already seen numerous times. Another positive element of Wanderlust was the inclusion of Alan Alda, who played Captain Benjamin Franklin Pierce in "MASH", one of my all-time favorite TV shows. The cast in filled with extraordinary actors which makes this movie worth viewing. Wanderlust may not become a classic movie mirrored in generations to come, but it is a laugh-out-loud feel good movie to see with your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment