Thursday, March 15, 2012

Overseas Movie Going Experience

I recently had the chance to go visit  my sister and her boyfriend in Australia, the land down under. While I was there I was able to see some of the most amazing sites. I saw the Sydney Opera House, the Blue Mountains, Koalas at the Taronga Zoo, ghosts at the Quarantine, and the Botanical Gardens in Sydney. One of the experiences I had while I was on this trip that was the most fun was the visit to Mrs. Macquarie's Chair Open Air Cinema. 


At Mrs. Macquarie's Chair Open Air Cinema viewers are able to watch a movie outside. Chairs are lined up on a gradually raised platform in the Botanical Gardens in Sydney. From the seating area both the Opera House and the Harbor Bridge can be seen. In short, the view is spectacular. The screen is elevated over the water so that the audience can watch the movie while also taking in the impressive view. An amazing sunset takes place just as the movie gets started. If you are lucky, like I was, an impromptu fireworks show will begin during the movie giving you something else to watch if the movie is not your fancy. One good thing to note is that if it does rain on the day of your movie, ponchos are provided to the viewers in attendance to protect you from any unplanned rainfall. A small warning though, if it does rain on the day of your viewing, take caution when leaving the seating area, because I can attest, it is very easy to slip and fall while descending the stairs. The pain goes away after a few minutes, but the embarrassment stays much longer.
Food and beverage can be purchased before the showing if you wish to arrive early. When I went viewers were also given a complimentary chocolate, which was delicious. The extras provided make this movie going experience a full and eventful one. I recommend this to all who end up venturing down to Australia. However, one piece of advice I give to all who go, check the movie you will be viewing. Do this only to ensure that you will enjoy the experience fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment